Tuesday 25 December 2012

Christmas Eve baking...

Hmmmmmmmmm what can I make with these cute candy canes I thought to myself...



Christmas CANDY...

Chocolate brownies sprung to my mind! I haven't indulged in a nice soggy brownie in a long time so BROWNIES IT WAS! You might be thinking why on earth would I need candy canes for brownies...well you just wait and see my friend!

To whip up my brownies I used the RECIPE from 
BBC Good Food titled 'Best-ever brownies' (they bloomin' well better be I said to myself). Like I mentioned before in a previous post, I believe baking is all about adding your own special twist - the 'norm' is just a tad boring for my liking!

With the Christmas tunes playing, the baking could commence...



A little bit of stirring...


And a little bit of adding...



And BOOM...as Jamie Oliver would say my bloomin' brilliant brownies were ready to remove from the oven! Excitement!

The recipe stated 'Cut into quarters, then cut each quarter into four squares and finally into triangles'. 

SO triangles it was...



Soggy brownie I craved...soggy brownie I got!

But NOT just any triangles!


CHRISTMAS TREE TRIANGLES...


Christmas tree brownies


Do not panic, I certainly didn't just make the one brownie! I kindly made plenty to go round...

Festive looking brownies

In walked my sister suggesting I should also make brownie presents...what a marvellous idea! After all, it is Christmas and we all love a good old present, don't we?

So I whacked out the bows and glitter and had great fun producing tasty little presents...



From me to you...a brownie gift!

Once again, I made plenty of the presents to go round, however at this point I was gagging for a chocie brownie and therefore missed out on the Kodak moment - many apologies!

If we deserve to eat tasty Christmas trees and presents, then so does Santa...



Ho Ho Ho

I hope Santa is a lover of brownies and presents just like myself!

Merry Christmas Everyone!

K.L
x


No comments:

Post a Comment