Sunday 6 January 2013

Happy Birthday Penguin

Alice AKA penguin is 23 today!!

 It goes a little bit like this...I call Alice Penguin, Peng or Pengy and she calls me Pig or Piggy. A little odd, but to be fair all nicknames are odd!

Pengy has an extreme sweet tooth (like myself) so I was ecstatic to get in the kitchen and whip up a Bruce Bogtrotter! A giant cupcake sprung to my mind, so I whipped out my moulds...




I poured my sponge mixture into the moulds, allowing space for the cakes to rise. The good thing about giant cupcakes is that you need to slice off the top of your sponge so that the top can sit nicely on top. You know what this means right? Cake scraps to munch on!





With a dollop of chocolate fudge icing I throughly enjoyed the scraps. They were NOT going to waste!




With a belly weighed down with calories I was ready to make Bogtrotter gag proud...




The end result...



I would have preferred to write 'Happy Birthday' however you've probably guessed that I ran out of letters! I therefore had to make do with 'HB' - a little blunt but it means the same thing!

 The shape does look slightly odd - I must work on this for my next one!

I then needed to make something Pig and Penguin related so I also made cupcakes.

Penguin cupcakes...




This little Piggy went to market...



 Excuse the pig cupcake...I'm not an animal lover therefore I am not aware of what features a Pig has! Ooops!

Anyway I carefully drove to Peng's house. I was praying the giant cupcake wouldn't fly off the passenger seat whilst I got a little lost in Rihanna's album!

Armed with presents (and Rose) the cake and I arrived safely...



I put on my leather and fur (oh and obviously my eyelashes) and we headed out for some drinks...




Happy Birthday to my beautiful Penguin...




We woke up to balloons and Peng's mum singing Happy birthday...




We then headed downstairs for a pain au chocolat breakfast with the family and Peng's cute grandparents popped over with more presents - which may I add were wrapped beautifully!




I loved celebrating Penguin's 23rd Birthday with her and more importantly I love the fact that we are growing old together. 

HB from your one and only Piggy xx


Enjoy your Sunday roast everyone!

K.L
x

No comments:

Post a Comment